Sign-up automations are an effective way of welcoming new subscribers to your list and fulfilling sign-up incentives such as discount codes or exclusive offers.
To use sign-up automations, you will need to be collecting the data via a form generated through Pure360, as follows:
Create and upload your list
Start by uploading a list which has a field for each piece of data you want to capture on the sign-up form, e.g. name, email address and mobile phone number.
Create a signup form
Next, generate the HTML for your sign-up form via Pure360:
- Go to contacts then create sign-up form
- Choose your contact list from the first drop-down menu
- Add your success/error URLs (the URLs you want people to see when they complete the form successfully, and when there is an issue)
- Enter an email address for the code to be sent to
- Select whether you will use double opt-in or not
- Click send code
You’ll receive an email within minutes, with the HTML as an attachment. Add this to your website, with any necessary design changes – be careful not to change the main source code that directs the recipient into your list, and always test thoroughly.
Create a welcome message
Build a welcome message in Pure360 to thank people for signing-up with any promised discount codes or confirming any other sign-up incentive such as a competition entry.
Create signup automation
You’re now ready to set up the automation itself.
- Go to automations then create signup automation.
- Give the automation a name and choose the relevant list.
- If you are using double opt-in, tick the next box and choose the relevant message from the drop-down.
- Tick the box next to send a welcome message to new subscribers and choose the message from the drop-down.
- Click save.
You’ll be taken to a summary screen – note the red button means the automation is inactive.
Double-check the details, and click save and go live or save as inactive. The red button will turn green, and the automation will trigger for all new sign-ups to this list from this point onwards.
By clicking on the automations tab in Pure360, you can view a summary page of all automations.
Clicking on details displays more information about each one, and you can amend this using edit.
You can easily toggle each automation on and off using the options for turn on/turn off on the summary page.
Email messages associated with an automation cannot be edited. If you need to change the message content, copy the message, make your changes, then save with a new name. Then simply update the automation rule to send the new version instead.