The following are things that you should always check through when you are sending out an email campaign:
- Do the links work and are they going to the correct places?
- Do you have a plain text version? Is it the same as your HTML content?
- Do you have alt tags behind your images?
- Do all your pictures have links and are they going to the correct place?
- If your email is personalised, are the names in your list correctly formatted and present?
- Do you have a clear unsubscribe button and does it work?
- Do you have pre-header text at the top?
- Do you have your company registration details in the email?
- Are you tracking your links using Google Analytics?
- How does your email look in different inbox clients? Try running an inbox preview to test this
- Have you run a spam check to ensure there’s nothing that could lower your emails deliverability?
Make sure you’re doing all these and then you’re ready to send!